He cares. 1 Peter 5:7

He cares. 1 Peter 5:7

Everyday life can become a lonely place. We can feel singularly and hopelessly alone. It doesn’t have to be this way. We have a choice. We can leave our pride behind and be joined in the body of Christ. We won’t miss anything we trade. We’ll only gain everything we miss. Despite all the arguments we whisper to ourselves, humility before God heals the hollowness of loneliness.

The Beatles sang of Eleanor Rigby…All the lonely people where do they all come from? All the lonely people where do they all belong? The melody rocks the heart numb with Eleanor’s despair. Wearing her fake face, dreaming her life out the window. Overlooked by Father McKenzie—who no one ever hears. Not one friend found at her funeral, her soul buried alone. One can only surmise McKenzie followed the same fate.

Dang. That’s depressing. And yet we sway with it again and again. Why? Because it’s stuck in our head that our soul needs nothing. And we know nothing when it comes to our careless soul. God knows. He knows our thoughts afar off, our rising up and our lying down. Our needs before we even ask.

Jesus doesn’t lean on our door banging condemnation, He stands outside our stubbornness with open invitation. Welcoming the thirsty, the hungry, the penniless soul. Offering extravagant gifts we can’t afford: the wine of sure gladness, the pure cream of contentment, Bread that brings the soul fresh life. Filling our lonesome hearts with His overflowing presence. Pledging constant protection under His personal care.

It’s not impossible, it’s perfection. It’s not fantasy, it’s foundational. It’s not too good to be true, it’s too good to be missed.

God doesn’t care for us like mothers and fathers who give their all and fall short. Who tend our body but cannot quicken our soul. God, who bowed Himself and bore our griefs, crushed our sin and carried our sorrows vows to carry us still.

After welcoming Jesus into her house Martha was distracted with much. In all her serving she found herself alone. A worried and troubled heart were her only companions. It’s so easy to get lost when we’re found. So tempting to run and sweat when our soul is burning to linger and listen.

There’s much we’ve carried for which we need not care. What we eat and what we drink aren’t the masters of what we think. Today and the morrow aren’t ours to spin and what we wear only touches the skin.

Jesus said, One thing is neededOur worried and troubled hearts need one thing: settle in and study all the Savior says. Giving full attention to the One who really cares. Join the few and enjoy His goodness.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Humility says somethings beyond us, far reaching. For the carefree soul only the omniscient voice of God will suffice.

All our cares, cast. Not anywhere. Not denied, ignored, or suppressed—but confessed, handed over, hurled upon Jesus—for He’s caring for you. He’s caring for me.

If grass and field be under His care—how immeasurably more we all belong.

16 Comments

1. DC on November 13, 2019 at 7:15 pm

❤️

• Jo Ann Alo on November 13, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Thank you for your heart Don. I need it.

• kd sullivan on November 17, 2019 at 12:07 pm

JoAnn, this is beautifully penned…I love to hear your heart!

• Jo Ann Alo on November 17, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Kim, so good to hear these words from a fellow writer. Glad you were here! Thank you for taking the time!

2. Jackie Natale on November 13, 2019 at 7:44 pm

You blow me away….Of course your message is truth, honoring God’s Word. But your words in presenting it is like sweet honey 🍯. Thank you for your blog….always….and thank you for being exactly who you are, giving God all the glory!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Jo Ann Alo on November 13, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Oh Jackie, you bless my heart! Thank you for taking the time to leave your love here for me.👭 It is an honor to write and share it with you.❤️

3. David on November 13, 2019 at 10:22 pm

So grateful to be reminded that He will never leave us or forsake us!!!!!

• Jo Ann Alo on November 13, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Amen! His care is unstoppable.❤️

4. Kim Teske on November 14, 2019 at 2:15 am

I’m pretty much speechless… wow… your heart and gift is such a blessing! Love this! Thank you for allowing God to flow through your words a reflection of your heart! I’m honored to know you and be a sister in Christ! ♥️

• Jo Ann Alo on November 14, 2019 at 3:10 am

You bless me right back Kim! You’re such a dear sister to me — always so kind and encouraging.💕

5. Cathrine Schipman on November 14, 2019 at 4:35 am

Wow JoAnn this is beautiful. What a blessing you are! I can just picture you naturally & carefully stringing this together. It’s wonderful:)

• Jo Ann Alo on November 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Catherine! I can so picture your beautiful smile jotting love and encouragement to me!
      You know that verse: “Jesus looking at him, loved him.” — That’s the way I feel every time you look at me — loved. 🥰

6. Joni Haran on November 14, 2019 at 6:00 am

Sweet Joann, what beautiful words to read before going to sleep. Such a wonderful reminder and so reassuring that God loves us just the way we are. I pray everyday that God uses me where He feels I’m needed. I must be in God’s word more and spend some quiet time with him and not be like a Martha. Sometimes we run so much serving Him and not spending quiet time. He wants our quality time. Thank you for sharing your beautiful words always. It made me stop and take inventory what I’m doing. I always have a smile when I read anything you post. God bless you honey I miss seeing you guys

• Jo Ann Alo on November 14, 2019 at 12:40 pm

This is such good news to my ears Joni!
      Thank you for taking the time to share how God is working in you. What a glorious truth to know our Father desires this time with us! It strengthens my heart to know you were here.💕

7. Joe Downs on November 15, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Very nice. Nice to see, through you many hearts and minds being touched.
    Love

• Jo Ann Alo on November 15, 2019 at 2:35 pm

😘 I’ve been waiting for you to leave your comment. You know how much it means to me. Tons.
      Love you.💕